Position Overview: Sinapis is looking for a Content Writer who will work closely with our CEO and marketing team to share the story of Sinapis
Reporting To: CEO
Location: Indianapolis, IN preferred but remote candidates will be considered
Expected Hours: Part-time
Hours Per Week: 15-20 hours
Sinapis is a Christian organization that equips faith-driven entrepreneurs to grow companies that change the world. Our mission is to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. We serve entrepreneurs in emerging market nations and help grow Kingdom businesses by blending intensive business training with faith-based principles and access to capital. These entrepreneurs learn to scale their business while making a social and spiritual impact in their community.
To date, we have trained over 5,000 entrepreneurs, and our courses are offered in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Liberia, Egypt, Brazil, and Burundi. As Sinapis continues to expand, a key part of our strategy is to continue to develop a best-in-class faith-driven entrepreneurship ecosystem in East Africa. We are also working to equip other organizations and networks around the world with our training programs, toolkits and systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Help Sinapis share the stories of amazing entrepreneurs who are growing businesses and bringing about economic and spiritual transformation in the developing world
• Work with our CEO to generate new content for Sinapis’ blog, newsletters, white papers and articles, and potential book projects
• Provide writing support to marketing, donor care, and new fundraising efforts
• Assist in updating content on Sinapis website
• Work with videographers to write copy for new Sinapis videos
• Assist in development of training materials for international and domestic staff
• Edit articles written by field staff and trainers
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• You are a successful writer with interest in writing for Christian international development or impact investment organizations
• You have spent time in the developing world, and you loved it!
• You have a great education and have excelled in demanding professional environments
• You could easily shift from writing about the biblical basis for Kingdom business to the practical challenges faced by small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) entrepreneurs in markets like Kenya
• You are a follower of Christ and have a healthy relationship with Him
• You are highly organized and bring a structured process to our content creation effort
• You are humble and have a teachable spirit
• You are energetic, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile to complete an assignment
• A heart for our mission and a passion for alleviating poverty through private sector development
• You love to write and tell stories
• Solid understanding of business, entrepreneurship, and missions
• Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
• Strong character and integrity
• Experience with Microsoft Office and the Google Suite
• Ability to work independently in a small team environment
• Undergraduate degree in writing, English, journalism or marketing from a strong school
• Work experience in an emerging market economy, preferably in East Africa
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
• Deep, fulfilling impact – This is a mission that is impacting thousands of lives economically, socially and spiritually
• An opportunity to tell the story of incredible entrepreneurs that God is using to grow companies that provide jobs for the poor and change communities around the world
• World-class development experience – We work at the frontier and leading edge of private-sector development, and you’ll gain excellent experience in enterprise solutions to poverty
• Unique professional experiences, development, and mentorship opportunities
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING
Please send us a sample of your writing as well as a well-formatted and written cover letter that addresses the following:
1. What motivated you to apply for this role?
2. Sinapis is a Christian organization with a mission of making disciples and alleviating poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. Briefly describe what this mission means to you.
3. Discuss your interest/ experience in economic development and/or entrepreneurship acceleration including any experience or accomplishments.
4. What else would you like to share with us as we consider your application? (You may discuss expected constraints, personal circumstances, professional aspirations, or anything else you feel would be relevant for the hiring committee to consider).
We are excited to read your cover letter. For ease of sharing, please send it along with your resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
In your Subject, please reference, “Sinapis Content Writer Application – Last Name, First Name”