Position Overview: Sinapis is looking for a Creative Specialist who will work closely with our Director of Marketing and global marketing team to help visualize the story of Sinapis
Reporting To: Director of Marketing
Location: Indianapolis, IN highly preferred but remote candidates will be considered
Expected Hours: Full-time
Salary Range: $37,500 – $42,500 – based on experience
Sinapis is a Christian organization that equips faith-driven entrepreneurs to grow companies that change the world. Our mission is to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. We serve entrepreneurs in emerging market nations and help grow Kingdom businesses by blending intensive business training with faith-based principles and access to capital. These entrepreneurs learn to scale their business while making a social and spiritual impact in their community.
To date, we have trained over 5,000 entrepreneurs, and our courses are offered in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Liberia, Egypt, Brazil, and Burundi. As Sinapis continues to expand, a key part of our strategy is to continue to develop a best-in-class faith-driven entrepreneurship ecosystem in East Africa. We are also working to equip other organizations and networks around the world with our training programs, toolkits and systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Help translate our mission through creative, design driven projects for print, web, social media, and video projects.
- Concept, design, and layout of everything from a social media post to a flyer to a 32 page annual report and beyond.
- Translate print designs to web-based and mobile solutions. Bonus if you’ve got enough code writing experience to build custom solutions on Squarespace, Wix, and/or WordPress.
- Design specifically around the power of different social media platforms to increase engagement.
- Engage in the storytelling aspects and manage the entire design to implementation process. Digital marketing management interest and experience is a plus.
- Manage photo and video shoots as needed. Photo editing experience is a plus.
- Desire to learn UI/UX design principles to take ideas from File->New all the way to fully responsive, user-friendly, production-grade mobile and web UIs.
- Ensure Sinapis brand standards are being upheld.
- Quickly incorporate edits recommended by the Director of Marketing.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You have a desire to use your creativity and bring order through visual storytelling to impact the world around you and glorify God with.
- You have a great education and have excelled in professional environments so far.
- You want to own all aspects of the creative process. From the initial design concepts to the implementation throughout all tactics. You’ll be the only graphic designer on our team and responsible for as many small projects as big.
- You are a follower of Christ and have a healthy relationship with Him.
- You are highly organized, able to manage several projects at once, and work in an autonomous environment that requires a self-driven perspective.
- You are humble and have a teachable spirit.
- You are energetic, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile to complete an assignment.
- A heart for our mission and a growing passion for alleviating poverty through private sector development.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and the Google Suite.
- You love to improve the things around you through creativity and design.
- Working understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Canva, Adobe Spark, and WhatsApp to name a few.
- Solid understanding of business, entrepreneurship, and missions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Strong character and integrity.
- Ability to work independently in a small team environment.
- A portfolio demonstrating exceptional and multidisciplinary work.
- Undergraduate degree in graphic design, fine arts, marketing, and/or ability to prove experience through your portfolio.
- Up to 3 years of experience in a creative role at nonprofit, creative firm, or small business that shows your ability to work on a variety of projects.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Deep, fulfilling impact – This is a mission that is impacting thousands of lives economically, socially and spiritually
- An opportunity to tell the story of incredible entrepreneurs that God is using to grow companies that provide jobs for the poor and change communities around the world
- World-class development experience – We work at the frontier and leading edge of private-sector development, and you’ll gain excellent experience in enterprise solutions to poverty
- Unique professional experiences, development, and mentorship opportunities
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING
Please send us a PDF or a weblink with your portfolio as well as a well-formatted and written cover letter that addresses the following:
- What motivated you to apply for this role?
- Sinapis is a Christian organization with a mission of making disciples and alleviating poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. Briefly describe what this mission means to you.
- Discuss your interest/experience in economic development, business as mission, and/or the role creativity plays in building a brand and telling compelling stories.
- What else would you like to share with us as we consider your application? (You may discuss expected constraints, personal circumstances, professional aspirations, or anything else you feel would be relevant for the hiring committee to consider).
We are excited to read your cover letter. For ease of sharing, please send it along with your resume in PDF format to email@example.com.
In your Subject, please reference, “Sinapis Creative Specialist Application – Last Name, First Name”