Sinapis is looking for an experienced, passionate professional to lead our global marketing function
Reporting To: CEO
Location: Indianapolis, IN preferred
Expected Hours: Full time
Sinapis is a Christian organization that equips faith-driven entrepreneurs to grow companies that change the world. Our mission is to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. We seek to foster the development of entrepreneurs in emerging market nations and the growth of Kingdom businesses by blending intensive business training with faith-based principles and access to capital. These entrepreneurs learn to scale their business while making a social and spiritual impact in their community.
To date, we have trained over 4,500 entrepreneurs globally. Our courses are offered in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Brazil, Liberia, and Egypt. As Sinapis continues to expand, a key part of our strategy is to continue to innovate and model a best-in-class Kingdom entrepreneurship ecosystem in East Africa. We are also working to equip other organizations and networks around the world with our training programs, toolkits and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead strategy and support implementation for marketing our entrepreneurship training programs and alumni networks in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda
- Partner with our CEO to manage our marketing strategy with donors, partners and investors
- Create and manage marketing deliverables, including traditional and digital media
- Develop innovative ways to build brand awareness in East Africa and for Sinapis Global
- Manage the Sinapis brand for consistency and excellence. This includes curriculum, website, annual report, and external reporting
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- You are a follower of Christ who maintains a healthy relationship with Jesus
- You possess outstanding organization skills and attention to detail
- You are professional, hardworking, and excited to jump into a wide variety of marketing tasks
- You have a passion for storytelling and an eye for great design
- A heart for our organization’s mission to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship
- Strong character and integrity
- Positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence
- At least five years of marketing experience with significant project management experience
- Proactive and able to set goals and deliver results
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural, small team environment
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related
- Experience in managing a marketing team and external consultants, preferably in a nonprofit
- You have lived abroad and worked with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Strong understanding of graphic design, print processes, video production, website development and social media marketing
- Enthusiasm for any task, regardless of whether it is outside of the direct nature of the role
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Deep, fulfilling impact – this is a mission that will impact thousands of lives economically, socially, and spiritually
- Opportunity to use your skills to build the marketing capability of our teams in East Africa and partners around the world
- An opportunity to tell the story of incredible entrepreneurs that God is using to grow companies that provide jobs for the poor and change communities around the world
- Unique professional experiences, development, and mentorship opportunities
- Periodic travel to East Africa to support programs
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING:
Please send us a resume, along with a cover letter that addresses the following questions:
- What motivated you to apply for this role?
- Discuss your experience and major accomplishments in marketing and economic development, if applicable.
- What else would you like to share with us as we consider your application? (You may discuss expected constraints, personal circumstances, professional aspirations, or anything else you feel would be relevant for the hiring committee to consider).
For ease of sharing, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
In the subject line, please reference “Director of Marketing Application – Last Name, First Name”.
PDF Version of Job Description: