Position Overview: Sinapis is looking for a highly motivated and talented individual to actively support its leadership team. Primary responsibilities will include administrative and operational support.
Reporting To: CEO
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Category: Part-time to full-time depending on the candidate
Sinapis is a Christian organization that equips faith-driven entrepreneurs to grow companies that change the world. Our mission is to make disciples and alleviate poverty through the power of entrepreneurship. We serve entrepreneurs in emerging market nations and help grow Kingdom businesses by blending intensive business training with faith-based principles and access to capital. These entrepreneurs learn to scale their business while making a social and spiritual impact in their community.
To date, we have trained over 5,000 entrepreneurs, and our courses are offered in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Liberia, Egypt, Brazil, and Burundi. As Sinapis continues to expand, a key part of our strategy is to continue to develop a best-in-class faith-driven entrepreneurship ecosystem in East Africa. We are also working to equip other organizations and networks around the world with our training programs, toolkits and systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The Executive Assistant is an Indianapolis-based role that will work directly with the CEO and COO. There will also be some assistance provided to our leadership located internationally.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Communicating on the CEO’s behalf both internally and externally
- Calendar management and scheduling (both personally and professionally)
- Meeting management (e.g. staff sessions, board meetings) including preparing agendas, printing reports, taking notes, and distributing action items
- Partner with the CEO to provide regular support to donors and investors
- Proactively take responsibility for initial planning, scheduling, arranging catering and coordinating travel for events
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of files (predominantly electronic/ virtual)
- Partner with senior staff to develop regular reports (e.g., board packets, donor reports)
- Monthly expense reporting
- Varying personal and professional administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and ordering gifts/flowers, etc.
- Running errands and attending meetings
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You’re a Christian who wants to live out your God-given calling with an organization with shared values and intent to glorify God through serving others
- You are excited about being part of a growing organization
- You enjoy engaging with people of varied backgrounds and positions
- Undergraduate degree in related field preferred
- 3-5 years related experience
- You have the following traits and skills:
- You love administration and bringing order to things
- High integrity, trustworthy with confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Project management experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Positive, friendly, engaging client service attitude with mature presence
- Proactive, take ownership of assigned tasks
- Effective time management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/ Google Suite
- Able to work in a small team/startup-like environment
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Deep, fulfilling impact – This is calling that will impact thousands of lives economically, socially, and spiritually
- International exposure – You will have the opportunity to engage with people from a wide variety of countries and cultures, and to be directly connected with God’s kingdom globally
- Learning Opportunity – Sinapis is part of a growing movement that serves faith-driven entrepreneurs who see their businesses as ministries to transform lives. You will be witnessing and participating in this exciting development as well as the growth of an early stage, mission-driven organization
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING
Please send us the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your Subject, reference “Executive Assistant Application – Last Name, First Name”.
- Cover letter and PDF of your resume
- What motivated you to apply for this role?
- What else would you like to share with us as we consider your application? (You may discuss expected constraints, personal circumstances, professional aspirations, or anything else you feel would be relevant for the hiring committee to consider)
- StrengthsFinder Top–5 Strengths Report (optional)