Great team effort always reflects positively in the overall organizational effectiveness. The beauty about the Sinapis team is that we allow ourselves to navigate through everyone else’s work streams while enjoying working in a challenging and growing environment.
Ants work together. They live in a large group called a colony. An ant colony may be small in number or reach into the hundreds, thousands, or even millions of inhabitants. Larger colonies have many queens whose principal responsibility is to lay eggs.
The world flatters the elephant and tramples on the ant. Yet ants, not men, are said to build the best or super-city on this planet. From the ants, we can see that teamwork is really the heart of great achievement. By resourcefully combining the leaves, the weaver ants are able to form nests over a few trees, thus supporting a much larger population. It is indeed the industriousness and the teamwork of ants that have helped them to build their magnificent nests.
“Make your team feel respected, empowered and genuinely excited about the company’s mission”
~Tim Westergen~(Founder Pandora)
What we have learnt from our experiences so far (Highly recommend this to startups):
- Teams rise and fall on culture, leadership, relationships, attitude and effort: Great teams have a great culture driven by great leadership. Relationships are meaningful and teammates are connected. The collective attitude is very positive and everyone on the team works hard to accomplish their mission.
- In team work we have to help each other to be stars. Most times we help the star shine even brighter:We, humans, are all different but we can work together and collaborate, doing different tasks or things (doing different role(s) and bearing different responsibilities) while tapping on each other’s strengths. In this way, we grow in a better and organized way.
- When we work hard to be a great team member we make everyone around us better: Ants work together to capture prey that is bigger than they are. When people are involved in teamwork, they share the same objectives and goals. The team members are involved in fewer arguments and with lesser conflict(s), people would be working together in the same direction and with united efforts and synergy to get the work completed.
- Your team doesn’t care if you are a superstar. They care if you are a super team member: Family-like or high teamwork situation is certainly good for small businesses.In a positive family-like situation, it is abundantly clear that the people also feel motivated and energized, creating a high-energy setting.
- Three things you control every day are your attitude, your effort and your actions to be a great teammate: We all need to reduce our ego should we want to be team-players. And what we need is patience too. Patience fosters greater teamwork, the power of oneness and good community living; and team members listen, extend out and show care and concern to each other.
- Great teams care more. They care more about their effort, their work and their team members: Ants have good contacts; they stay connected and effect communications with each other; and this,part of the many reasons, that enables them to function well as a team.
- You and your team face a fork in the road each day: You can settle for average and choose the path of mediocrity or you can take the road less traveled and chase greatness.“In the desert of life, the wise person travels by caravan while the fool prefers to travel alone.” (Anonymous) As the Japanese saying goes, “An ant’s nest could bring down a hill.”, so also on the contrary, the teamwork lessons from the ants, when applied, can be beneficial for humankind.